The Aswan High Dam was built between 1960 and 1972 with the help of the Russians 6 km upstream of the British-built Aswan Dam (built 1898-1902), creating 300-mile-long Lake Nasser. The dam both regulates the flooding of the Nile and provides hydroelectric power for most of Egypt. The lotus-shaped tower commemorates the Russian support. Photography is heavily regulated around the dam.
©2010 Mermaid Underwater Photographic. All Rights Reserved.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified 2 March 2010